Since classes are online this semester, we will also host our events online as well. This page will serve as a landing page for our Symposium and Poster Session events. They will both be on April 30, 2021.
Visit this page for links to the poster session and symposium. Check out of event’s flyer here!
At the poster session, teams will present their research in a condensed poster. Teams will share posters with attendees via screen sharing. Attendees will vote for best poster. In addition to current research, we will announce next semester’s research projects at the poster session.
Time – 10:00am – 11:00am
Location: Gather.Town (2D world with integrated video conferencing)
Link: Gather.Town Poster Session
Link to overflow room: Overflow Room
The symposium will consist of 15-20 minute talks given by each research team. Each presentation will be followed by a brief question and answer period.
Time – 12:00-1:00pm and 2:00pm-3:30pm
Schedule of Presentations:
- 12pm – Outreach
- 12:20pm – Mathematical modeling of capillary rise in porous material
- 12:40pm – Mathematical Visualization
- 2:00pm – Combinatorics of Cohomology Rings of Peterson Varieties
- 2:30pm – Cores and hulls of ideals of commutative rings
- 3:00pm – Mathematical Modeling, Analysis and Control for Understanding the Spread of COVID19